+41 43 819 32 32
Marcel J. Goetsch
Marcel Goetsch founded SMC Corporate Finance GmbH in April 2014 together with Robin Richiger. As Managing Partner, he focuses in particular on succession issues, corporate development projects (“buy-and-build”), sell- and buyside situations of all kinds as well as raising growth capital.
Before founding SMC, Marcel Goetsch worked for more than 15 years as a member of the executive board, as division manager and as a M&A advisor in the international corporate environment as well as in medium-sized companies.
In his line positions, he was responsible for business development, sales and marketing. At Haniel Textile Services and Techem Energy Services he was Head of business development. At Kingspan Group, Holcim White and Swissmetal Design Solutions he was sales and commercial director. In these functions, he successfully executed acquisitions, divestments and restructurings and established subsidiaries and joint ventures in the following countries and regions: DACH, Scandinavia, Middle East, USA/CAN, Brazil, China, Indonesia and Russia.
Marcel Goetsch is co-owner and active board member of SRM Swiss Renewables Marketplace AG (largest independent natural electricity trader in Switzerland) and Senior Advisor at Five Elements Capital Ltd. (investment and consulting company with focus on environment / sustainability).
Marcel Goetsch holds a Master’s degree in business administration from the University of St. Gallen (HSG).
Selected transaction experience
- Sale of The Athlete’s Foot to Intersocks (retail / ecommerce franchise)
- Sale of Rheno Umwelttechnik to Wineus (water treatment)
- Financing of Kemaro by private investors (robotics)
- Sale of Titolo to Pearl Lady Fashion (consumer goods)
- Sale of minority stake of SRM to private investors (renewable energy)
- Sale of IMS to RIB Software SE (software)
- Sale of Wood&Floor to MBI / private investors (flooring)
- Sale of Nenutec to MBI / private investor (actuators)
- Financing of Nomoko by private investors (3D technology)
- Financing of Weyergans by family office (healthcare and cosmetics)
- Financing of Bint by private investor (IT services)
- Sale of Georg Kaufmann Formenbau to MBI / private investors (molding)
- Financing of Weitec by SVC / Helvetica Capital (automotive and molding)
- Sale of Bota Group to MBI / private investors (gastronomy)